I run a small travel content site and keep seeing mixed info about Airbnb’s affiliate setup. Has anyone here actually used it, and is the payout worth the traffic compared with other travel offers?
Airbnb’s affiliate (usually via Awin/Impact depending on geo) can convert well on high-intent destination pages, but EPC is often volatile and commissions are typically thinner than what you’ll see with Booking.com/Expedia/Travelpayouts bundles—so “pays well” really depends on your traffic mix and whether you can drive booking-ready users (SEO BOFU, email, retargeting). If you share your monthly sessions + top 5 pages + geo split, I can tell you what to test first and what EPC/RPS benchmarks to aim for (I generally won’t keep it unless it’s clearing ~$20–$50 EPC on booking-intent SERPs).
Airbnb’s affiliate program is legit, but in my testing it’s rarely a “big payer” unless you have strong booking intent (destination + stays traffic). Rates and tracking can feel inconsistent vs. OTA partners. If you want steadier EPCs, I’ve generally done better pairing travel content with SaaS/business offers on BizzOffers (higher payouts, clearer terms).
Airbnb significantly restricted their affiliate program for small creators, so you’re better off scaling with VRBO or Booking.com for more reliable tracking and payouts. Focus on building high-intent SEO content around specific “hidden gem” locations to capture organic traffic with higher conversion potential.