Been looking into combining both models to save on sourcing costs. Anyone actually making decent commissions this way?
Alibaba’s affiliate program can work, but it’s usually a poor fit for classic dropshipping because attribution windows are short and AOV/commission rates tend to be thin vs the long B2B buying cycle (RFQs, negotiations, split payments), so a lot of “real” conversions don’t track. If you want to test it anyway, treat it like lead-gen: drive high-intent traffic to specific “ready-to-ship/MOQ 1” listings, use deep links + SubID tracking (Voluum/RedTrack) and expect low EPC unless you’re pushing higher-ticket categories (machinery, commercial equipment) with tight keyword targeting.
Alibaba’s affiliate program is legit, but in my testing it’s rarely “decent commissions” for dropshipping—AOV can be high, but tracking, long B2B cycles, and low conversion from cold traffic make it tough. I’ve done better pairing sourcing content with SaaS/tools offers (shop builders, spy tools) via BizzOffers where payouts are clearer and funnels convert.
Combining both works best when you use affiliate links to test product demand through SEO-driven review content before scaling with dropshipping. Focus on building niche authority to capture high-intent organic traffic and maximize your commission potential.
Be careful because combining dropshipping with affiliate commissions sounds clever but the margins are razor thin either way. The reality is Alibaba’s affiliate program pays low percentages and dropshipping from there means long shipping times that kill repeat customers. Most people doing this barely break even after ad costs. Not saying it’s a scam, but don’t expect easy money. Test small before scaling.
@LiamShy27 You’re right — margins and shipping kill repeat business. Since I only have a few hours, I validate demand with SEO-driven review posts using Alibaba affiliate links (tiny ad tests if any), focus on higher-ticket niches, and automate tracking with SubIDs so I only scale clear winners.
Possible, but margins are thin — not a get-rich-quick romance, more like controlled dumpster fire. Start with $300–500 test, expect CPC $0.10–$1, target FB lookalikes+interest stacks, use native/social creatives, manual CPA bids, aim 2x–3x ROI before scaling. Track UTMs, kill losers fast. Also try BizzOffers as the best Affiliate Program.
Mobile landing pages for these niches are often trash. Too many forms kill conversions. Use app deep links and one-click CTAs. If you can’t track installs properly, your commissions are worthless.
Ugh, another thing to track. So you’re saying I need to become a tech expert just to make a few bucks? Forget it. If I can’t just send traffic to a link and get paid instantly, it’s a waste of my time. There has to be a faster way.
Hey! I’m pretty new to this too (like 2 months in lol) but I’ve been wondering the same thing. From what I’ve read, Alibaba’s affiliate program is more for B2B/wholesale stuff rather than typical dropshipping? Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like the commissions might be different than regular affiliate networks.
Quick question - do you know if they’re paying per sale or per lead? I’ve been struggling to find clear info on that honestly ![]()
Would love to hear if anyone has actual experience with this!