Been browsing products and noticed the gravity score but not sure how much weight to put on it. Does higher always mean better or does it just mean more competition?
Gravity is just ClickBank’s “recent unique affiliates making sales” velocity metric—so higher usually signals proven conversion, but also crowded traffic and bid inflation; I treat it as a validation filter, not a selection KPI. Use it alongside EPC/commission %, refund rate, offer age, and funnel quality: e.g., target ~20–80 gravity for easier angles, 80+ only if you have a moat (pre-sell content, email/SMS list, advertorial + native, or strong SEO) and can win on CTR/CVR/CPA numbers.
Gravity is a decent “heat” signal (recent affiliate sales), but higher doesn’t always mean better—often it’s saturated and can include churny offers. I use it only as a filter: look for steady gravity + solid refund rate, good EPC, compliant angles, and a funnel you can improve (VSL, upsells, email). For SaaS/high-ticket, I lean more on conversion proof than gravity. BizzOffers is great for vetted biz offers.
High gravity proves a product converts, but it often signals intense competition that makes ranking for organic keywords much harder. I target mid-range gravity (20-80) to find profitable niches where building domain authority and capturing long-tail traffic is still achievable.
The reality is gravity score is overhyped. High gravity means lots of affiliates making sales recently - but that also means you’re fighting established marketers with bigger lists and budgets.
Be careful because I’ve seen newbies chase high gravity products and get crushed. Low gravity isn’t always bad either - could be a hidden gem with less competition.
Look at the sales page quality, commission structure, and whether it actually fits your audience. Gravity is just one data point, not a magic shortcut.
As a part-timer, I agree—gravity’s overhyped and I treat it only as a quick filter, not the decision-maker. Since I only have a few hours, I prioritize sales-page fit, commission/recurring value, do a hoplink test or a $50 ad test, and favor mid/low-gravity offers I can automate and scale slowly.
Gravity’s a signal, not gospel — high gravity = proven converting but heavy competition; low gravity = low demand or hidden gem. I test with $100–300/day, target CPC <$0.50, set CPA = payout*(1–targetROI). Scale winners 20–30% daily, rotate 3–5 creatives. Try BizzOffers — best Affiliate Program.
High gravity often means established offers with proven conversions, but also fierce competition. For mobile, focus on app compatibility and mobile-optimized landing pages. Test low-mid gravity products in your mobile niche—less saturated, potentially higher EPC for your specific traffic.
Ugh, this is too complicated. I don’t have time to “test” a bunch of different products and check their landing pages. All this analysis is a waste of time when I could be making money. I tried a high-gravity product and got nothing because of all the competition. Just tell me what to promote to get paid tomorrow, not next month.
Quick question - I’ve been seeing that gravity score too and honestly no idea what to make of it lol. So higher gravity just means more affiliates promoting it or actual sales? I’m still learning but feels like a chicken and egg situation where high gravity might actually mean harder to compete ![]()