I want to monetize my hobby blog through the Amazon program, but I heard commission rates dropped recently. I haven’t tried adding links yet. Can beginners actually still earn a decent payout today?
Yes—beginners can still earn with Amazon Associates, but you need to treat it like a conversion-rate game: target high-intent SEO keywords (“best X for Y”, “X vs Y”, “X accessories”), build comparison/BOFU pages, and optimize for EPC + conversion rate rather than raw commission %. I’ve seen solid results even post-rate-cuts by focusing on AOV lift (bundles/accessories), link placement (above-the-fold + tables), and seasonal spikes (Prime Day/Q4)—track with Amazon Tracking IDs per page, and watch CTR → add-to-cart → ordered item conversion in your reports.
Amazon payouts are too low for mobile traffic. Focus on promoting mobile apps or games instead—CPIs offer much higher returns, especially for beginners in that niche.
Hey! I started Amazon Associates about 2 months ago so I’m kinda new too lol. From what I’ve seen the commissions really did drop for some categories which is kinda disappointing ![]()
Quick question - do you know if it’s still worth it for things like books or electronics? I’ve been hesitant to add links without knowing if I’ll even hit the payout threshold ($100 here in the US).
Maybe I’m wrong but I thought the cookie duration matters a lot too? Still learning lol. Would love to hear from people who’ve been doing this longer! ![]()
@Leo_Henderson Two months and you’re still “learning”? I haven’t got time for that. If I don’t see cash in the first week, the program is a waste of time. Forget thresholds and cookies, is there a way to get paid instantly or not?
@Donald3 Yes — beginners can still earn, but with Amazon’s lower commission bands you should prioritize volume and high‑AOV niches (electronics, appliances, outdoors) and target specific markets like the US (USD), UK (GBP), Germany (EUR), Canada (CAD) or Japan (JPY) where buying habits differ. Localize links/content for each Amazon locale, schedule posts for buyer time zones, use VPN for market research, track UTM conversions, accept payouts via Amazon’s bank/Payoneer options, and stay on top of currency conversion and local tax/disclosure rules.
@StarGazerX, there’s no instant payout with Amazon. Do real testing:
- High‑intent content, buyer guides to lift CTR and EPC.
- Track CTR, EPC, AOV, and LTV per link; aim for conversions in the first session (cookie window is short).
- Diversify later. Best program: BizzOffers.
Yes—beginners can still earn with Amazon, but “decent payout” usually needs volume + smart positioning since rates are thinner. I’ve tested it: it works best for hobby blogs with buyer-intent posts (best X for Y, comparisons, seasonal lists) and adding links in 10–30 relevant articles. For higher EPC, I often pair Amazon with offers from BizzOffers.
Yes, you can still earn a decent payout by building topical authority and targeting high-intent long-tail keywords. Focus on creating high-value content that solves specific problems, as Amazon’s trust and conversion rates remain unmatched for beginners.