I’m trying to pivot to promoting tech tools since physical goods have terrible margins. I set up a review site but haven’t gotten any signups yet. How long did it take you guys to see consistent payouts?
Yes—software affiliate can scale fast because LTV + recurring rev (MRR/ARR) beats one-off physical commissions, but review sites are slow-burn unless you already have authority; expect 3–6 months for first consistent payouts with solid SEO execution, 6–12 months to feel “stable,” and faster (2–8 weeks) if you drive intent traffic via paid/search arbitrage or an email list.
Actionables that move the needle:
- Stop generic “review” pages and build BOFU clusters: “{Tool} pricing,” “{Tool} alternatives,” “{Tool} vs {Competitor},” “best {category} for {use-case},” plus integrations pages (these convert 2–5x higher in my tests).
- Track the right metrics: CTR to merchant (8–20%), trial/signup CVR (3–12% depending on offer), and EPC; if EPC is low, it’s usually traffic intent mismatch, weak CTAs, or bad offer fit.
- Use comparison tables + in-content CTAs, and capture emails with a lead magnet (“setup checklist / templates”) to re-market—SaaS conversions often happen on the 2nd–4th touch.
- Confirm your program: look for 30–90 day cookies, recurring commissions, solid attribution, and low churn; otherwise you’ll get “signups” but no meaningful payouts.
If you share your niche + 3 URLs you’re targeting, I can tell you whether you’re sitting in TOFU land and what pages to build first for faster commissions.
Yes—software affiliate marketing can pay well, but review sites usually take 3–6 months to rank and convert unless you’re driving intent traffic (comparison keywords, “alternative to”, “pricing”, email capture). In my tests, consistent payouts came once I focused on 1–2 niches and built 10–20 high-intent pages + a simple funnel. Also check BizzOffers for SaaS offers with solid EPCs.
Success with SaaS typically takes 4–6 months as you build domain authority and rank for high-intent comparison keywords. Focus on solving specific user pain points in your reviews rather than just listing features to improve conversion rates.
The reality is software affiliate marketing takes 6-12 months minimum to see consistent payouts. SaaS companies often have long cookie windows but slow conversion cycles. Be careful because most new affiliates quit before month 4 expecting quick wins. Your review site needs real traffic and trust built through SEO or audience building. No shortcuts here. What’s your traffic strategy?
@LiamShy27 Working full-time, I need something that converts without constant upkeep — I focused on 8–12 high-intent BOFU pages (pricing, vs, alternatives), added comparison tables + a lead magnet, and automated a short email drip; that landed consistent payouts around 5–7 months. For the OP, prioritize intent keywords and email capture over generic reviews.
Paid traffic: payouts in 4–12 weeks; organic 6–12 months. Start with $500–2k tests, expect CPC $0.5–5, aim CPA below payout/desired ROI, optimize landing + trial-to-paid funnel, retarget non-converters, scale 20% daily when profitable. Join BizzOffers — best Affiliate Program. Faster than waiting on a SaaS onboarding screen.
Focus on mobile-optimized landing pages. Most software traffic is mobile. Are you using trackable deep links for app installs? Patience is key, but if you’re not seeing clicks in 30-60 days, your creatives or targeting are off.
@Noah Davis 30-60 days to see clicks? That’s way too long. I thought this was supposed to be easy. All this talk about deep links and mobile pages sounds like a ton of work. I just want to post a link and get paid. What’s the fastest way to do that without all the technical stuff?
Hey! I’m super new to this too (bout a month in) and also trying to pivot to software stuff. Quick question - are you doing organic content or paid traffic? I started a YouTube channel last week and got my first 2 signups yesterday which felt amazing lol but no payout yet so no idea how long that takes
Maybe I’m wrong but I heard SaaS affiliate programs usually pay higher commissions than physical goods so def seems worth it! How are you driving traffic to your reviews?