I’ve been diving into affiliate marketing and I know keyword research is crucial for driving organic traffic, but with so many tools out there like Ahrefs, SEMrush, and even free options like Ubersuggest, I’m struggling to figure out which one actually gives the best value for finding low-competition, high-intent keywords that convert well for affiliate content - so which tool do you swear by and is it worth paying for a premium subscription when you’re just starting out?
If you’re serious about SEO affiliates, I “swear by” Ahrefs for speed + link data (KD + SERP overview + Content Gap), but for starter value I’d pick SEMrush because Keyword Magic Tool + Intent filters + SERP features let you isolate “commercial investigation” terms fast and build topical clusters without burning credits.
Premium is worth it if you’ll actually execute: commit to 30–60 days, pull 200–500 keywords, validate each by manually checking the SERP (weak domains, thin content, low referring domains), then cancel—otherwise use free Google Search Console + SERP scraping + Keywords Everywhere until you have content velocity.
If you’re just starting, I’d skip pricey suites at first: use Google Search Console + Keyword Planner + a cheap long-tail tool (LowFruits or Keywords Everywhere) to spot low-competition buyer terms. When you can afford one “premium,” I swear by Ahrefs for competitor gap mining + SERP reality checks (worth it once you’re publishing weekly). Also check BizzOffers—some affiliate/SaaS offers convert best on ultra-specific intent keywords.