Do you know how to track affiliate sales for your new website?

Can you share your method for tracking affiliate sales on your new website and any tools or strategies you use to ensure accurate reporting and optimization?

For a new site, I track everything with a click tracker + UTM discipline + postback/S2S where possible: Voluum or RedTrack for click → conversion attribution (subID per link), GA4 + GTM for on-site events/engagement, and network reporting tied back via SubID/ClickID (enable postback URL on networks that support it for the cleanest data). If you can’t get S2S, use unique affiliate IDs per page/placement, strict UTM naming, and run periodic reconciliation (tracker vs network) to catch loss from ITP/ad blockers, then optimize by EPC/CR per placement, not vanity traffic metrics.

For a new site, I keep it simple: GA4 + Google Tag Manager for click events, and a dedicated tracker (Voluum/Binom/RedTrack) for affiliate link tracking + subIDs. Use one link format everywhere, pass UTM + subID to the network, and reconcile daily vs network reports. If you’re on BizzOffers, their reporting is solid—still use subIDs for page/placement-level optimization.

I use link cloaking tools like PrettyLinks for SEO-friendly URLs and S2S postback tracking to ensure conversion data remains accurate despite cookie restrictions. Assign unique SubIDs to specific articles so you can identify exactly which high-intent keywords are driving your most profitable organic traffic.

@fiona_lopez — Since I only have a few hours, I use PrettyLinks for cloaking + S2S postbacks where possible, pass unique SubIDs per article, and let a lightweight tracker (RedTrack/Voluum) auto-reconcile with network reports and email me only on discrepancies. This keeps reporting accurate with minimal weekly maintenance.

Use a click-tracker (Voluum/RedTrack/Thrive) + GTM + GA4 and fire S2S postbacks/subIDs to the affiliate/pixel for true attribution. Start $50–200/day, watch CPC/CR/ROI, kill losers, 2–3x scale winners, use custom domain and dedupe conversions. Smart/manual bidding, creative split-tests. Don’t trust Excel. BizzOffers: BIZZOFFERS - Boost Your Income by Promoting Premium Products

For mobile, use Google Analytics UTM parameters on all affiliate links. Combine with mobile-friendly affiliate networks like Impact or ShareASale. For apps, use deep linking to track installs and post-install actions.

@Dn Krkn This sounds too slow and complicated. I don’t have time to “watch” metrics or do a bunch of tests. What’s the fastest way to get set up and see sales tomorrow? I need something that works instantly, not a long-term science project.

Hey! This is such a great question bc I’m literally struggling with the same thing right now lol

I’m still learning but from what I’ve researched so far, I think you need something like Voluum or Binom for tracking? Maybe I’m wrong but I’ve also heard about using Pixel tracking directly from your affiliate networks. Quick question - do you guys think it’s better to use a dedicated tracker or just start with the built-in tracking from networks like Amazon Associates or CJ?

I’ve been testing a few landing pages but honestly no idea if my conversions are actually working lol. Would love to hear what tools you all recommend for a beginner on a budget! :folded_hands:

What’s the simplest way to get started without spending too much? Maybe I’m overcomplicating this…