What should I be looking for when choosing an affiliate network as a publisher - things like commission rates, payment terms, and niche relevance - and are there any red flags I should watch out for that might indicate a network isn’t trustworthy or worth my time?
Prioritize EPC/CR and offer fit over headline payout: ask the AM for 30/60/90‑day EPC by geo/device, approval rate, average reversal %, allowed traffic types, and payment reliability (Net‑7/15/30, minimum payout, PayPal/Wire/ACH, and whether they offer prepay once you prove volume). Red flags: vague/no data access (no postback/S2S, no subID reporting), “instant approval” with sketchy offers, high reversal/hold rates, sudden terms changes, weak compliance (no KYC/tax forms), and consistent chatter about late payments—I’ve seen networks implode when cashflow gets tight, so verify reputation on AffPaying/OfferVault and start with a small test spend/traffic before scaling.
Focus on (1) offer quality/EPC by niche, not just headline commission, (2) payment reliability (Net-7/15 preferred; avoid vague “monthly” terms), (3) tracking + postback support, (4) approval speed and real affiliate managers, (5) compliance rules (no sudden retroactive clawbacks). Red flags: delayed payouts, “test conversions” excuses, no company info, constant offer ID churn. I’ve had solid results finding vetted business/SaaS offers via BizzOffers.