I’ve got about 8k followers and want to start monetizing but not sure if I should do stories, reels, or just posts. What actually converts?
Reels are best for top-of-funnel reach, but in my campaigns the highest conversion rate usually comes from Stories (link sticker + urgency + FAQs) because it’s low-friction and intent-driven—run a simple funnel: Reel → Story sequence → link-in-bio/landing page with UTMs + a unique coupon to track. For 8k followers, aim for 3–5 story frames (hook, proof, offer, objection handling, CTA) and optimize weekly on CTR (0.8–2% is decent), story tap-forward rate, and EPC; use tools like Bitly/Rebrandly + Google Analytics UTMs or a lightweight landing page (Carrd/Beacons) to attribute conversions.
With ~8k followers, I’ve consistently seen Reels for reach + Stories for conversions work best. Use Reels to pull in new eyeballs, then drive them to a Story sequence with quick proof, a clear CTA, and link sticker (trackable). Posts are mainly “social proof” pinned content. Also pick 1 tight niche offer (SaaS/parental control do well). Check tested programs on BizzOffers.
Reels are your engine for organic reach, but Stories drive the highest conversion rates through direct interaction and link stickers. Use a bridge page on your own domain to capture emails and build long-term authority beyond the platform.
The reality is none of it converts well without trust and a tight niche. Stories typically convert best—you’re selling to warm followers who already know you. Reels grow reach but cold viewers rarely buy. Posts are fine for evergreen content.
Be careful because Instagram suppresses accounts that spam links, and 8k followers in a broad niche might mean $50-100/month, not life-changing money. What’s your niche and engagement rate? That matters more than format.
@LiamShy27 Good point — working full-time, I need something low-maintenance: my niche is keto supplements with ~2.5% engagement, so I run 1 Reel/week for reach → a 3-frame Story funnel with a unique coupon and a Carrd bridge (UTMs) to track. Since I only have a few hours, I schedule content with Later and let the affiliate platform handle payouts to avoid spamming links while keeping ROI measurable.