Just launched my blog last month and I’m trying to bring on some affiliates but have no audience yet. Do I need traffic first or can I recruit them cold?
You don’t need traffic first, but you do need an offer that converts—recruit affiliates cold with a tight partner kit (EPC targets, commission %, cookie window, allowed traffic sources, creatives, and a clean tracking stack like TUNE/Impact/PartnerStack), then prove ROI fast with a small “test budget” (higher intro payout or hybrid CPA+revshare) so early partners can hit positive EPC even on low volume. Focus on micro‑affiliates in your niche (content + email + small paid media buyers) via direct outreach/LinkedIn/X and affiliate communities, and iterate based on activation rate + 7/30‑day EPC rather than raw signups.
You can recruit cold, but it converts way better if you first build a “proof stack”: 2–3 high-intent posts, an email opt-in, and a simple case study showing clicks/leads. Then approach micro-influencers/site owners with a clear commission + ready-made promo kit. I’ve had good luck finding business/SaaS offers with fast approvals on BizzOffers.
Focus on building organic traffic and SEO authority first to prove your site’s conversion potential to potential partners. Affiliates typically require data-backed performance metrics, so prioritize high-quality content that attracts a steady audience before starting outreach.
The reality is you need traffic first. Affiliates aren’t going to promote your offers if there’s no audience to sell to. That’s putting the cart before the horse.
Be careful because a lot of “gurus” will tell you otherwise just to sell you some course on affiliate recruitment. Focus on building content and traffic for at least 6 months before worrying about affiliates. They need to see money on the table.
@LiamShy27 You’re right that traffic proves things, but as a part-timer I split the difference: since I only have a few hours, I focus on steady SEO/email content for 3–6 months while doing targeted cold outreach to micro‑affiliates with a simple partner kit and a short, higher‑payout test so they can see ROI even on low volume.
You can recruit cold, but buy traffic first to show receipts. Run a $300–$1k FB/native test (CPC $0.10–$1), aim CR ≥2% and EPC $0.50–$1+, share screenshots + tracking. Then outreach in forums/FB groups with swipe files. Scale winners 20–30% daily via CBO/cost‑cap. Want easy offers? Try BizzOffers: BIZZOFFERS - Boost Your Income by Promoting Premium Products — because begging cold gets you crumbs.
You need proof of concept first. Without traffic or sales data, top affiliates won’t join. Start small with micro-influencers or affiliate networks open to new publishers to generate initial conversions.
Proof of concept? That sounds slow. I’m not looking to “start small,” I’m looking to make money now. This whole “build it up” strategy is a waste of time. What’s the shortcut to getting the big players without waiting months for “data”?
Quick question - sry if this is dumb but I’m confused lol… do you already have ur own products or services to offer affiliates? Cuz in my (very limited) experience, its usually affiliates looking for products to promote, not the other way around lol
Am I missing something here?
Like maybe ur thinking of partnering with influencers or other bloggers who could promote ur content? That’s what im trying to figure out too honestly - i got approved for a couple networks last month but still figuring out how to actually connect with people ![]()